Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Pictures from on the road

“Traveling is a brutality. It forces you to trust strangers and to lose sight of all that familiar comfort of home and friends. You are constantly off balance. Nothing is yours except the essential things – air, sleep, dreams, the sea, the sky – all things tending towards the eternal or what we imagine of it.”

It was an Italian writer named Cesare Pavese who said that, and wasn't he right! That is exactly what I love and at the same time hate about travel, that scary-happy feeling of not quite knowing what will happen next. Who will I meet, what will I find, where will I even sleep tonight.

These photos of rice fields as far as the eye can see were taken through a bus window, on the way from Manila to Zambales, the last time I was in the Philippines.

No comments:

Post a Comment